Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Old favorites

My tastes move around -- often. I read anything and everything. I listen to tobyMac and NPR and Prodigy and John Pizzarelli. (And that was just today.)

I always gravitate to old favorites though, a retreat for a while into the familiar. I have favorite books that I've read more times than I can remember. The same is true for certain CDs. Lately I've been listening to the Van Morrison & The Chieftains CD, Irish Heartbeat. It's the one I put in when I'm sitting down at night to check my email or write a blog post.

loveitloveitloveit!

I've had it for ages, since just after Skeeter and I got married. (Ack! 12 years ago!) Most people who happen to hear it at my house or in the car have never heard of it before, but it's one of my absolute favorites. At one time I played it so often that Skeeter wouldn't let me play it while he was home. (At the time we had opposite work schedules, so that sounds worse than it really was.)

Skeeter has favorites like that too, although he won't admit it. It's quite obvious though, when I'm listening to Colin Ray's acoustic music for the millionth time, that he does.

So how about you? Any favorites that you return to again and again?

2 comments:

Candy said...

I've read Stephen King's The Talisman at least six times, and I'm sure I'll read it again before I die.

And does that Morrison CD have Into the Mystic on it? That is my all time favorite Van Morrison song.

Just another southern gay guy said...

"I think I'm on a roll here in Little Rock" Collin Raye? OMG. OMG. OMG.