Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas shopping

I'm exhausted. Finished school work early, then out Christmas shopping nearly all day, with two urchins in tow. Lawzy. I deserve a medal.

Perhaps I'll design my own. Green circle, mom hand holding little hand in white.

We spent two hours at the bookstore. My store has "employee appreciation days" every year at this time, where we get 40% off merchandise. I shopped and shopped! The children decided that they weren't interested in the shopping thing, since, after all, we weren't buying much for us. They decided to help shelve books. I suppose it's both good and bad that I work there. They're comfortable at the bookstore. They love it! But because they feel "at home" they feel that it's okay to lend a hand. Luckily, the woman in charge of the children's section likes them and doesn't mind too much when they lend their version of a helping hand.

After the bookstore, we went to the game store, since I also get a discount there, and the children have several friends who are getting new game systems for Christmas. I found some excellent deals there, although I had to visit two different stores to get what I needed.

I have to stop and reassess, but I think I'm about 90% finished with my shopping now!

2 comments:

Fresh Girl said...

Good for you for getting all of that done! As soon as I finish my mom's scrapbook, I should be done...unless I find something else I just HAVE to get for the nephew. ;)

Noodle said...

I know! I'm so excited to be mostly done! Tonight I'm going to recheck my lists and make a timeline to do what's left.

Then -- baking! Cookies and breads . . . . YUM! LOL!