Thursday, November 08, 2007

Corn and Potato Chowder

I had promised Susan that I would post my Corn and Potato Chowder recipe, but I'm a bit later than I promised. I seldom measure anything when I'm cooking, so I couldn't write out the recipe without making it again. I'm one of those cooks who goes by look and smell and taste. That's not really conducive to writing out the recipe though.

I did measure today (mostly), and here is the result:

Corn and Potato Chowder

3/4 cup bacon
6 russet or Yukon potatoes
3.5 cups chicken broth
2 cups whole kernel corn
2 cups half and half

Cook and drain the bacon. (I snip the bacon strips into small pieces before cooking so that I don't have to wait for it to cool to crumble.)

Peel and dice potatoes. Boil potatoes in chicken broth for about 20 minutes. Do not drain. Add bacon, corn, and half and half.

Cook for about 2 hours on medium heat, long enough for the broth to thicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Totally bad for you, but so yummy!

No comments: