Monday, January 29, 2007

On turning 5

My beautiful little Sass was 5 years old yesterday. The celebrations started on Friday night, and she had quite a whirlwind weekend.

On Friday, Sass and Skeeter went to see My Little Pony Live as a special father/daughter date. Judging from the photos and the absolute pink girly-ness of it, Sass had a wonderful time. Skeeter did too, although he did come out saying he needed to go home and watch some John Wayne movies.

On Saturday, we had a family party at my parents' house. They always like to be in on the birthday celebrations, and my dad's been sick, so I didn't want them to have to drive to see us. Skeeter was working the whole day, so he didn't get to come.

On Sunday (her real birthday) is was All About Sass. We went to McDonald's for breakfast, Taco Bell for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner. She got to pick everything, and she was overjoyed, since I don't like McDonald's or Taco Bell, and we very seldom go to either. She also got to work in the nursery with me for a bit at church that night. It always makes her feel like a big girl when she gets to help take care of the babies.

As usual on birthdays, we told her birth story at bedtime. I think that tradition makes them each feel special. She also watched the video that Skeeter had made showing her first few hours, and she talked about that for quite a while.

Her bounce party is tomorrow, so she still has one more day for celebrating!

No comments: