Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The final birthday celebration

Today was Sass's bounce party. It was the culmination of all of her birthday celebrations over the past five days, and definitely the biggest of them all.

We ended up having 21 children, and everyone had a fantastic time. Some of the parents even got in the inflatables. Brenda and William (Michael Ann's husband) had a jousting match in the ring, and Brenda came out the victor. I wish I had gotten a picture of that, but I only saw it as she delivered the final blow. :o)

The children spent an hour and a half running, climbing, sliding, and jousting before heading into the party room for cake and ice cream. No one wanted to admit it, but I think everyone was ready to sit down and rest. I am absolutely certain that everyone who partied with us is sleeping well tonight! I know that when we got home after the party, my children went straight to their rooms for quiet time.

The party was a huge success, and it was one of the easiest we've ever had. Isn't it interesting that the ones that are easy for the parents and some of the best for the children? That's usually the case with my children anyway.

Spyder even made a new friend too, James, the older brother of Sass's friend Rose. They knew each other before, but they'd never played together since James is four years older than Spyder.

The celebrations are over, and tomorrow should get us back on schedule with our days. I know I'm ready for it!

No comments: