Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yeah! Something new!

Every single time I've decided to write something, the internet has been kaput.

Mr Michael Smartypants says, "So open up a Word document and write it there." Well, yeah, I could. But -- ya know -- it should work when I want it to, not when it's convenient for the ISP. And when I sit down at the computer (at a time that is convenient for me, I might add), by golly, I want it to work. If it doesn't, I'm angry. And whatever I had on my mind is *poof* gone. Bare. Like the trees in winter.

But here are a few bullet points, in case the ol' ISP isn't agreeable to posting more later.
  • My Sass is now 6 years old. Unbelievable.
  • My bookstore hosted a massive birthday party for Elmo on Saturday. We had at least 70 children there. We stopped counting at 70, anyway. There were easily 120+ people there. And our children's section isn't all that big. It was great fun though.
  • Spyder has started hustling money for magic tricks. He made $6 tonight. I'm on the line between proud and appalled.
  • Skeeter has been working 19 hour days for the last 5 days. (And, nope, he doesn't get paid overtime.) And he got confirmation today that That Company isn't giving bonuses this year. For the first time in 32 years. Yay. The rumor had been floating around for the last week or two, but the official word came today.
  • Our new CVS opened this week, but I haven't had time to go. I've been so excited about it too. We used to shop at CVS when visiting Skeeter's parents, and I always found cool stuff there. A friend is the CVS Bargain Queen, and she's given me the scoop on the best savings plan. I'm hoping to try it out tomorrow.

4 comments:

PEZmama said...

CVS roooooocks!

But no bonus? Not so much...

Vanessa said...

My favorite item from CVS is the CVS brand face wash/pore cleanser. It works well and its a reasonable price. LOVE THAT!

Also? I agree with above, no bonus when it comes to be counted on is unconscionable.

Tina said...

A CVS? Where??

Sorry about the no-bonus...that stinks.

Just another southern gay guy said...

Just to clarify: I absolutely hate Comcast. Hate them, hate them, hate them, and finally gave them up. . . and along with it my cable (this apt bldg doesn't allow dish). I was just saying, in a pinch, you could write in Word and copy it later. Not that you should go quietly into the good night allowing Comcast to continually screw you.