Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wherein I once again astound my daughter

(at bedtime, discussing the day)

ME: So, what was your favorite part of today?

SASS: Going to Olivia's house to play. That was good.

ME: That was fun, wasn't it? We need to do that more often.

SASS: Why do you like going to Olivia's house? You don't run around and play like we do.

ME: Oh, I like talking to Mrs Brenda. She's my friend, just like Olivia is your friend.

SASS: (gasp!) You mean grown ups have friends too? I didn't know that!

ME: Well of course! I've been friends with The Michael since I was 12. And I've been friends with Michael Ann since I was 6!

SASS: You mean one day Olivia and I will be old too?! Wow!

ME: Oh girl. You do know how to make a mama feel good.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

LOL out of the mouths of babes!

Fresh Girl said...

LOL! I'll be glad when Thomas is older and talking, so he can say cute stuff like that. *g*