Sunday, December 23, 2007

That's my story. I'm sticking to it.

I've largely neglected ye olde blog lately. I shouldn't. I really shouldn't. I always feel as if I need to catch up, diary form, if I do.

Here's the simplified version:

We've all had the sniffles.

Skeeter is off work until Thursday. Yay!

I've done more shopping than usual.

We're getting ready for tomorrow night's annual Christmas Eve fiesta.

Tonight in preparation for the fiesta, I baked chocolate chip cookies and cheese straws. Well, they were supposed to be cheese straws. They ended up being cheese cookies because I couldn't find one of the pieces to my decorator set that I use to make them. So rather than wait until I found the piece, I decided to make them as cookies. We're having cheese cookies, and I'm going to act like I meant to make them that way.

And despite my best intentions, it looks as if I'm going to have to go to the grocery store in the morning.

1 comment:

JP said...

I have to go to the grocery store today too -- and I was so hoping that I would be able to avoid it!