Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stealing from Candy

Candy posted this as a Thanksgiving meme. I'm shamelessly stealing it, albeit far past Thanksgiving.

( ) Been to Canada.

( ) Been to Mexico.

(X ) Been to Florida.

(X ) Been on a plane.

( X) Been lost.

Please. As my dad always says, "I haven't been anywhere until I've been lost there."

(X) Been on the opposite side of the country.

I'm undecided on how to answer this, since I live in the middle of the US. I have been to the coast before, so I'm going with yes.

( X) Swam in the ocean.

( X ) Cried yourself to sleep.

(X )Played cops and robbers.

(X ) Played with a Tonka Truck.

(X ) Recently colored with crayons.

( X) Sang karaoke.

(Not well, I might add.)

(x ) Paid for a meal with only coins.

I have also paid my $120 electric bill with one dollar bills. More than once. That's what workin' for tips will do to you.

(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t?

( ) Made prank phone calls.

(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue

( X ) Danced in the rain

(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus.

( X) Been kissed under the mistletoe.

(X) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about.

(X) Blown bubbles.

I love blowing bubbles. I sit outside and blow bubbles for the dogs. They jump and catch them like treats. It's awesome!

(X ) Made a bonfire on the beach.

Only the "beach" called a sand bar. But it was a fire, and it was on a semblance of sand. So there.

(X) Crashed a party.

( ) Crashed a wedding.

( ) Crashed a funeral.

(X)Gone ice-skating.

Only once, and in Germany. I couldn't speak the language well. I kept bumping into people, muttering "Bitte; bitte."

1. Any nicknames?

Not particularly. Skeeter is the one who calls me Noodle though. Just in case y'all were wondering where I came up with that.

2. Mother’s name?

Judy. Judith, actually, but she's not fond of that.

3. Favorite drink?

Depending on the time of day -- water, hot tea, Diet Dr Pepper

4. Any tattoos?

None. Because I'm a big chicken.

5 Body piercing?

Ears. Do those even count any more?

6. How much do you love your job?

The stay-at-home-mom gig? Most of the time, I love it. There are moments though . . . .

7. Favorite vacation spot?

So far, Norwich, England.

8. Ever been to Africa?

No.

9. Ever eaten cookies for dinner?

Yes. I'm not particularly proud of that though.

10. Ever been on TV?

I think so, but I can't really remember. Never any significant screen time, that's for sure.

11. Ever steal any traffic signs?

No, I don't think so.

12. Ever been in a car accident?

Yes, once. Unlike Skeeter, who has made it a hobby.

13. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle?

Yes, both, simultaneously. (This was Candy's answer, and I had to leave it because it made me laugh aloud.)

14. Favorite pie?

Pecan.

15. Favorite Number?

2. What can I say? I'm unimaginative.

16. Favorite movie?

Urgh. This is more difficult than it should be. I'll go for The Philadelphia Story.

17. Favorite holiday?

Christmas. Really though, I love Halloween through New Year's.

18. Favorite dessert?

Mom's Four Layer Delight

19. Favorite food?

This time of year it's cornbread dressing, because I know that I only eat it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

20. Favorite day of the week?

Monday.

21. Favorite brand of body wash?

Kiss My Face.

22. Favorite toothpaste?

Tom's of Maine Spearmint

23. Favorite smell?

Citrus.

24. What do you do to relax?

Read.

25. Do you have a message to your friends reading this?

Come on . . . play along . . . you know you want to . . . .

26. How do you see yourself in 10 years?

Still the same old me, just older. I'm guessing that I won't be watching Strawberry Shortcake with Sass though. I wonder if I'll miss it.

27. Furthest place you will send this message?

Who knows?

28. Who will respond the fastest?

No idea.

1 comment:

PEZmama said...

I liked this one. I guess I could go through and list all the things I do that are just like you, but that might get tedious. So, I'll just say thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.