Thursday, August 09, 2007

So long, Pippi!

We've just finished reading Pippi Longstocking, and we all enjoyed it tremendously. Sass and Spyder both loved Pippi's unorthodox ways of doing things, and each had a little epiphany during Pippi's escapades. Spyder was annoyed by the ending though. There was no closure, and he hates that.

Sass drew this today while we were reading.


Not bad, eh? The little blobs off to the right are Tommy and Annika. I was especially pleased with her drawing of Mr Nilsson.

So for now we say goodbye to Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Efraim's Daughter Longstocking. I've just put Pippi Goes on Board on hold at the library though, so we'll see her again soon.

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

You might enjoy Astrid Lindgren's other novels, too. I devoured them after I finished the Pippi books because I missed Pippi so much. Ronia, the Robber's Daughter is one of my favorites.

Noodle said...

Alkelda: Thanks so much! I just put Ronia on hold at the library.

Unknown said...

My children loved pippie as much that they now have all the movies.
They got them as presents during the years.
Even the oldest loves to have a peek when the girls watch one of the movies.

Some children were motivated by the stories of pippie to start reading themselves.