Sunday, August 26, 2007

A good day

Today was one of those really good days. Nothing special, but a good day.

My friend Kaleigh posted about her good day yesterday, and I admit, I was slightly jealous. Not greedy-jealous, but wistfully-jealous. But after reflection this evening, I can honestly say that we had our own good day today.

We all got up relatively early -- around 7:30. The earlier-than-usual rising was a bit surprising, since we went swimming yesterday afternoon, and we were all pretty tired. But the early rising made for a better day, really. We weren't in a rush for church (doubly good, since Skeeter was a Junior Worship leader for today). We all had a leisurely breakfast and read a bit before getting ready for church.

After church, Skeeter was feeling sickly, so he took a nap for most of the afternoon. Spyder watched Mythbusters, and Sass colored while I did laundry and dishes. (I wanted to sit down and read -- Twilight is getting good! -- but I decided to do the chores instead.) Since Spyder was watching on the computer and using the headphones, the house was blissfully quiet.

I cleaned out quite a lot of Sass's outgrown clothing. They're all on hangers, ready to go to the consignment shop. As soon as I find one. I'm quite displeased with the one I've been using, so I'm on the search for another one.

Overall, today was restful, quiet, and productive. I'd love to be able to say that about every day!

1 comment:

Kaleigh said...

Isn't it a nice feeling? Yesterday wound up being productive, too...cleaned out the guest room AND the guest room closet (that's been on the to-do list for months), and the husband even "got" what I needed to do so well that he did the week's grocery shopping. Two big bags of garbage, and a little bag for Goodwill, and the closet looks great. Now I just need to get the sewing stuff done...