Monday, August 06, 2007

Good things come to those who surf

My friend Julie knows my affection for Hob Nobs. It's an English oatmeal cookie, but oh so much more. I haven't been able to reliably find them here in the US, although I'm sure they're available. For a few blessed months in 1997, I was able to find them at Sam's Club -- in a mega-pack, of course!

While surfing and clicking around to nowhere in particular, I came across Elizabeth at Frabjous Days, who must also love the sinfully delicious Hob Nobs. She's even written a sonnet in honor of them.

Check it out! And if you ever run across a place that sells Hob Nobs, buy a package. Or a case. And invite me over. :)

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I love HobNobs too! Any kind, but the plain kind are my favorite for tea-dunking. The Scottish teashop up the hill sells them. The proprietor has gone totally over to the internet, but I'm sure she keeps some things stashed away for loyal customers. Oh, if only I weren't trying to be good about sugar consumption... I want warm chocolate chip cookies too.

Noodle said...

Well, I'd offer to send a few of the yummy chocolate chip cookies we made earlier, but alas, they're gone. :)

The plain ones are my favorite, although I feel as if I'm slighting the chocolate ones when I say that.

Frabjous Days said...

Thanks for the link!

But why have plain when you can have CHOCOLATE?