Friday, October 10, 2008

Weekly Wrap-Up

Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers has begun a "weekly wrap-up," which is perfect for me at the moment, since I can't seem to focus on one single thing.

Hmm. Our week. Well, let me just say, "unsocialized"?

Hehehe!! Harharhar!! Hoohoohoo!! *snort* Oh, excuse me. :)

We were on the go all week. I really don't care for weeks like that because it just feels like it's too much. The urchins had a great time though, so I suppose it's not terrible to have a week like that every once in a while.

Monday -- game day with the homeschool group. Spyder played chess. Sass played Pente.

Tuesday -- a class on rocks and minerals at the local science museum, then an extra-long trip to the bookstore. It's a good thing I know the peeps at the bookstore.

Wednesday -- had scheduled a class on volcanoes at the children's museum, but Skeeter found out that morning that he had to fly to Wisconsin that afternoon, so I spent the morning packing him. Flurry of activity, then a friend called and asked if we could see a movie. So, airport, movie, then back home with Spyder and Dude.

Thursday -- Sass had a friend over for the afternoon. At least we were at home ....

Friday -- park day; stayed an extra hour because the urchins were having a blast. Came home for about 45 minutes, then Spyder wanted to go to a different park to go fishing. He fished; Sass and I fed the geese.

No wonder I'm feeling all out of sorts.

In non-runing-around related news, this week we have
  • fallen in love with Skippyjon Jones.
  • revisited Nancy Drew (for the who-knows-how-manynth time) -- books, computer games, and the one DS game we have.
  • introduced Sass to Ramona.
  • read at least 11 Magic Tree House books (11 that I can remember for sure)
  • reread A Bear Called Paddington. I love that bear.
  • built castles (complete with moat) in the sandbox.
  • examined the tunnels of an ant hill.
  • discussed The Great Depression.
  • worked on the Christmas budget.
  • created and solved several backyard mysteries.
So you can see why I haven't been around too much. How was your week?

Noodle4

7 comments:

smalltownme said...

It all sounds very entertaining! My week was low-key, which I like.

Catherine said...

Good stuff! Sounds like there was learning happening all the time.

Anonymous said...

I am very much a homebody, so I know how those weeks in which you're gone more than you're home can make you feel out of sorts. Still, it sounds like some good learning came of it. Maybe it was just what you all needed. I'm feeling like I could certainly use some time away from the books.

Have a great weekend and thanks for doing the wrap-up!

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

lots of fun stuff happening for you guys this week.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a terrific week...but doesn't it feel good to just be home after all of that?! I loved how you started out with the unsocialized thing. Funny! People have no idea! :D

Vanessa said...

I loved the Ramona books. Such good memories!

Smiling Shelly said...

Very busy week - my week was busy too and this week has been the same. Sorry, I forgot to call when I got out of the movies. It was late when I finally made my way back home and it totally slipped my mind.

One of these days we'll catch back up :)