Hmm. Our week. Well, let me just say, "unsocialized"?
Hehehe!! Harharhar!! Hoohoohoo!! *snort* Oh, excuse me. :)
We were on the go all week. I really don't care for weeks like that because it just feels like it's too much. The urchins had a great time though, so I suppose it's not terrible to have a week like that every once in a while.
Monday -- game day with the homeschool group. Spyder played chess. Sass played Pente.
Tuesday -- a class on rocks and minerals at the local science museum, then an extra-long trip to the bookstore. It's a good thing I know the peeps at the bookstore.
Wednesday -- had scheduled a class on volcanoes at the children's museum, but Skeeter found out that morning that he had to fly to Wisconsin that afternoon, so I spent the morning packing him. Flurry of activity, then a friend called and asked if we could see a movie. So, airport, movie, then back home with Spyder and Dude.
Thursday -- Sass had a friend over for the afternoon. At least we were at home ....
Friday -- park day; stayed an extra hour because the urchins were having a blast. Came home for about 45 minutes, then Spyder wanted to go to a different park to go fishing. He fished; Sass and I fed the geese.
No wonder I'm feeling all out of sorts.
In non-runing-around related news, this week we have
- fallen in love with Skippyjon Jones.
- revisited Nancy Drew (for the who-knows-how-manynth time) -- books, computer games, and the one DS game we have.
- introduced Sass to Ramona.
- read at least 11 Magic Tree House books (11 that I can remember for sure)
- reread A Bear Called Paddington. I love that bear.
- built castles (complete with moat) in the sandbox.
- examined the tunnels of an ant hill.
- discussed The Great Depression.
- worked on the Christmas budget.
- created and solved several backyard mysteries.