Friday, October 17, 2008

A little bit of a vent, but not so much

The vent:

I ordered The Book of Time Outs last week because we love the Wicked History of the World books, and this sounded similar. (It's not.)

The book came in the mail today, and not only is it NOT a hardcover, but it is NOT EVEN BOUND. It's just a bunch of loose pages with a dustjacket holding them together like a file folder. Seriously. How could I not be annoyed by that?

... grrrrrrr ...

But now the not so much:

I emailed the seller explaining the problem and asking for return instructions. Twenty minutes later he refunded the purchase and shipping. Apparently he knew he done did me wrong.


Noodle4

4 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I'm glad you'll get your money back! Am currently dealing with an Amazon order gone wrong myself.

Sigh. Kinda takes the fun out of shopping.

CelticBuffy said...

Wow. That's unreal. I'm surprised that anyone would think it was okay to sell like that without fully making sure the customer was aware of what they were buying. He darn well better refund your money.

smalltownme said...

Very strange. I've never had a problem like that before...

d.o.wife said...

Good grief. That is SOO not right and yes, I would be ticked too!