Thursday, July 26, 2007

More on the vacation and its aftereffect

PezMama hit it straight on -- swimming, swimming and a bit more swimming, briefly interrupted by a trip to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.

digression

When I was in high school, The Michael and I were good friends with one of the exchange students, Stephan, from Germany. One of his choice expressions was "believe it or don't." Because of that, I always want to say or write Ripley's Believe It or Don't Museum. I actually did say it once, to Spyder, and he just looked at me like I'd lost my mind.

/digresssion

Having thought about all that swimming, I've decided to join the local YMCA. We have several throughout the city, and two of them are within 10 miles of my house. And luckily, a membership to one of them is good for any of them.

We spent loads of time at my friend Britt's pool last year, but this year poor Britt is hugely pregnant. She's due at the beginning of August, and I have such sympathy for her plight.

It's the south. It's the summer. It's the end of pregnancy. Poor, poor Britt. She emailed me last week and apologized for not having us over to swim. My response: "No apologies necessary! Not a bit, not at all! I know what you're thinking. 'It's hot; I'm as big as a moose and grumpy, and it's best if I stay away from everyone.'"

But not being able to go to Britt's this year made me realize that my urchins do love to swim, so the $65 a month for a membership to the Y is probably worth it.

No comments: