Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Meme

Nothing to break the silence like a meme . . . . I've done this particular one before, so I'll try not to duplicate.

Tagged by Tina at Golden Goodness:

Seven Random Things About Me:

Both of my parents are left-handed. I am right-handed, but I do many, many things left-handed because that's the way I learned -- cutting meat, bread, or vegetables, playing pool, cleaning the counters or mirrors . . . .

I still hate The Disney Channel. We had the "privilege" of watching it recently, and I wasn't impressed. I have no idea why some parents think that these shows are a great thing.

I hate soap operas. I've never watched them, although my grandmother had a little thing going with One Life to Live.

My grandmother lived with us when I was growing up. She died when I was 12. My sister was 2 at the time, and I'm a little bit sad that she doesn't have those memories of Nana.

I took my first airplane ride when I was 16. I went to Washington, DC with a school group. When we arrived at the airport, the plane wasn't allowed to land due to ice. We circled the airport for two hours and were finally told that we had to land because we didn't have enough fuel to get to another airport. We landed, skidding the whole way, and ended up nearly half a mile from the terminal. They got our baggage out there on the runway and we had to walk to the terminal. That was really my first lesson.

I like the way my doggies keep me company, even if it's just listening to them snore.

Three years ago I switched Skeeter to decaf coffee without telling him. He had just been laid off from his job. He was drinking three or four pots of coffee a day and waking up in the middle of the night with migraines. At the time, we didn't have caffeine in our house at all. He knew that, but I made the conscious decision to keep buying only decaf without mentioning that to him. That first month was hard for both of us. I finally told him three months after he had gone decaf-only, after he was over the caffeine withdrawals. Considering that it had been nearly six weeks since he'd had one of those middle-of-the-night headaches, he wasn't angry. Annoyed at first, but not angry. And he'd agreed with me on not telling him. If he had known, there's no way he would have stood for it.

So there you are . . . a few extra bits about me! No tags this time, but let me know if you play along!



Noodle4

5 comments:

Tina said...

That's all very interesting! :)
I can't do too many thing with my left hand, although my name has always be legible when I've written with my left hand.

And OH my! The flight experience...I may have been done flying right then. Skidding is not fun!

Switching to decaf, that's funny!! Glad he was upset about it...see you're good for him, for sure!!

I read your Disney Channel post...I'm glad we're only into preschool shows...none of them even HAVE parents, hee!!

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Got excited about my comment!! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff. You and I almost have something in common...I'm left handed but I do many things with my right hand ;)

I played this one too. Check it out on my babbling blog

http://boydsbabblings.blogspot.com/