Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Miss Lucinda: Squirrel Stalker

Lucinda Louise (aka Lucy) spends most of her days outside. It's where she prefers to be on all but the coldest and hottest days.

A few days ago we had massive storms roll through, and I made Lucinda come inside. She wasn't happy about it and sat at the door almost the whole time. The backyard is her domain, and she guards it well. She tolerates the birds (mostly), but the squirrels? Oh no. Game on. She's caught and killed at least two in the last year.

The squirrels were in heaven that they had a Lucy-free day in the backyard. They frolicked around the tree -- Lucy's tree, in full view of the back door -- and it drove Lucy mad. Can you see the pure hatred in her gaze?



I think the squirrels were taunting her.


Noodle4

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'd believe they were taunting her! They know when they are safe and the taunting won't get them killed, the devilish little creatures!

Tina said...

Is Miss Lucy also drooling?? I'd be mad too if I had to watch my lunch running around without me!! hee hee

*not that she actually eats the squirrels...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, just let me out of this door.... then we'll see who's laughing.

rthling said...

She's on high alert, that's for sure!

Candy said...

You know, I never had a dog chase squirrels until this one. Chloe's crazy, or so I thought. She's never caught on yet, because they're smart enough to stay on the other side of the fence.