Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update on the microwave (or lack thereof)

I love the huge amount of space that is now open since the microwave is missing. My kitchen is quite small, and the huge microwave took up one of my two food prep areas. I've since moved the coffee pot and teapot to that area, so the corner where I do most of my prep is now clear except for the crock of serving spoons and spatulas. I actually had to room to use the crock pot today -- without moving the coffee pot out of the way!

I had a brief moment of uncertainty this morning when I realized that I couldn't reheat the pancakes I'd made and frozen a couple of days ago. Ultimately I put them in the skillet again to reheat, and it worked just fine.

Skeeter has decided that he'll go along with my "crazy idea" for the moment, but only because he thinks I'll give in soon enough.

And the people who know me in real life are laughing like mad. They all remember my stubborn streak and know I'll never cede.

3 comments:

randi said...

It only takes time to get used to stuff like this. I have a couple of friends who don't use theirs for health reasons and they don't seem to mind not having one. I use mine for the "timer" more than anything, other than that it defrosts meat!

Kaleigh said...

You know, we haven't had a microwave since 2002. Our builder thought we were all kinds of crazy for not wanting one, but we really do fine without it. I've missed it like twice ever.

Anonymous said...

There's a good chance my husband would starve without a microwave!
-Brenda