Sunday, July 09, 2006

On shopping

I spent $26 at the grocery store on Saturday. I didn't do really well this week, but because I wasn't at my usual shops, I couldn't really comparison shop like I normally do. I'm still working out of the pantry, so most of what I bought is for Skeeter's lunch. For home, I bought

  • cereal
  • rice
  • olive oil
  • salt

I'll still need to get bread, milk, and creamer sometime early this week.

Tonight we had BBQ ribs (from the freezer), potatoes, and broccoli. Tomorrow I absolutely must make the rest of the squash in the fridge. We'll have the rest of the ribs then too, I think. I have just enough carrots and such to make rice pilaf. I have two or three cans of black beans that I need to use too, but I haven't come up with anything that sounds good so far.

I really want to make a nice cucumber salad though, so I'm trying to justify heading to the fresh market to get cucumbers and cheese. I think that would be cheating though, since I don't have to have it. Maybe if I can think of a creative way to use those black beans, I'll celebrate by making the cucumber salad. :o)

No comments: