Friday, July 07, 2006

On cooking and spending

Last night's dinner was Chicken Enchiladas, and once again, all ingredients came from the pantry or freezer. I made up the recipe, but it was pretty good!

********************

Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce

1 cup shredded chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 8 oz container of sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup milk (approx)
Mexican seasoning to taste (I like Emeril's Southwest Seasoning mix)
Tortillas

Cook chicken and shred (I love my crock pot!); mix chicken and cheese and roll into tortillas. Place side by side in a deep baking dish.

Whisk together sour cream, soup, and milk to make the sauce; add seasonings to taste and pour over the rolled tortillas.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes. Top with additional cheese and diced green onions and serve!

********************

I did spend about $9 at Target yesterday. I had to go anyway (for toilet paper -- necessity!), and several of their snack-type foods were on sale. Skeeter takes those for his lunch, and 80 cents for an 8 pack of cheese on cheese crackers isn't bad. He also got mini-smores and peaches (also for his lunch), and the urchins got graham crackers and saltines.

Tonight is Family Buffet night, which pretty much means that I'm not cooking, and each person can choose whatever he/she wants for dinner. We have tons of stuff in the fridge from what I've cooked earlier in the week, and it needs to be eaten anyway!

No comments: