Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So long, Chuck

I survived the dreaded Chuck E Cheese encounter.

The party was early (kinda, sorta, but not really), and the place wasn't very busy when we arrived. We got our tokens and wandered around playing the games in the (relatively) uncrowded game area.

Let me take this moment to mention our last experience at CEC. The first AND last time we braved CEC. Then, I spent my time chasing around two-year-old Sass, attempting to herd five-year-old Spyder in the same direction, all the while hoping I wouldn't knee a child or elbow a parent in my efforts.

Never. Again.

So this time, following a six-year-old Sass and having an almost 10-year-old Spyder check in with me regularly was a breeze. They made it even easier by playing most of the games together.

By the time we sat to eat, the place was starting to get a little crowded. Not terrible, but definitely more crowded than I liked. By the time we finished eating, it was packed. A herd of little people zooming in and out, between games and parents. That was the Chuck E Cheese I remembered. And hated.

Skeeter joined us about halfway through the party. That was a nice surprise because we both expected him to have a business dinner tonight. We had a friendly little skee-ball competition (he won -- by a lot). He was able to play a few games with the children as well, teaching them the finer points of air hockey.

As expected, the children had a great time, and they've asked if we can go again.

I was afraid of that.

5 comments:

Tina said...

OH how I wonder if we were there when you were...bugging you!?!? hahaha

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad you survived.

I have found when my girls ask a question that I don't want to answer, if I just act like I didn't hear it, sometimes they'll forget that they're waiting for an answer. (It's worth a shot...hee-hee!!)

Don Mills Diva said...

I will definitely be avoiding the Chuck-e-Cheese experience for as long as possible!