Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Giving credit where it's due

Thanks for the props, y'all, but I haven't admit -- The Wall isn't my original idea. That credit goes to my mom, although my stubborn nature had a part in it.

When I was little I was a wall writer. OhyesIwas. I loved to write on the walls. No amount of discipline or treats stopped my creative outlet. So finally, my parents "gave" me a wall in my room. I was allowed to draw, write, paint, color, whatever. But only on that wall.

I created artwork of all sorts, and once I was tired of it, my parents would paint over it and I would begin again.

I loved it.

That's exactly what I hope I've created for my children. Considering how many hours they've spent in there since I let them at it on Monday, I think it's a winner.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Your kids are very lucky and your parents (Mom) had a great idea. I think its pretty cool that the idea lives on for your kids.

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea!!! Giving the their very own wall. How original! Good for you mom AND for you!!

Thanks for sharing that one :)