Thursday, June 19, 2008

Oh, that's right. I have a blog.

I have become a schedule-oriented person. I never would have believed it. But now that summer is in full swing and we have no set schedule, it's quite obvious.

This lack-of-a-schedule thing is creating havoc in my life!

Oh, we've been doing loads of fun stuff, but it's just making me crazy that we don't have a schedule for our weeks! I can't even count on the cheap summer movie, since the children were only interested in two of them.

So, the funnest thing we've done this week? Blueberry picking at a local blueberry farm. Yes! We had such a good time, and we have two gallons of the biggest, sweetest blueberries as a result of the outing. The children and I went back this morning to pick more, and we were greeted with a "Picked Out" sign. They'll be reopening next week, so we'll be back then for certain!

Today I made these Blueberry-Lemon Chess Squares that Julie recommended. Let me just say -- pure deliciousness. Rich though, very rich, so make sure you have some milk to have with it.

And just for fun . . . yesterday's earworm tune:



It was satisfyingly infectious.

Noodle4

7 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

I just took a peek at that recipe - sounds amazing!

smalltownme said...

Thanks for the earworm. It makes me want to get out my American Graffiti soundtrack double LP.

CelticBuffy said...

Enjoy the havoc. School will roll around pretty quickly and the routine will be back before we know it!

Tina said...

Oh, I'm with you! I think I do much better when I have some sort of schedule to follow!!

Glad you're having fun though.

Bomp...

Anonymous said...

what a fun tune!

Vanessa said...

NO! No more earworms! ;)

Saints and Spinners said...

Noodle: I have an idea-- maybe you could have an "Earworm of the Week" roundup. I'd totally play. "Who Put the Bomp" by Sharon, Lois and Bram has been a past earworm (also known as chiclete de ouvido).

Here's my earworm from last week: http://youtube.com/watch?v=npcSH7niuHI