Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Music of My Life

Shamelessly lifted from Lindsey at Enjoy the Journey.

*******************

The song that makes me want to sing: "Down to the River to Pray" by Alison Krauss

The song that makes me smile: "Caviar Comes from a Virgin Sturgeon" by the Bawdy Balladeers

My chill out song: Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" performed by The Academy of St. Martins-in-the-Fields

The song that makes me want to dance: "Ain't Nothing Wrong with That" by Robert Randolph & The Family Band

Favorite song for the kids: "Bling-Blang" by Woody & Arlo Guthrie

The song that moves me and makes me think: "My Jesus" by Todd Agnew

The song I feel guilty liking: "Take a Chance on Me" by ABBA

The song that makes me think of my parents: "Me and Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin. My parents were closet hippies, I think. We listened to all kinds of Woodstock-y music.

The song that makes me think of my hubby: "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al.

The song that always makes me cry and smile at the same time: "Every Season" by Nichole Nordeman

The song you'd be most surprised to find on my iPod: "Dirrty" by Christina Aguilera

The song with the most awesome beat: "Boomin'" by tobyMac

The song I could listen to while driving coast-to-coast with the top down: "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone Loc

Favorite song from a movie: "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow" by the Soggy Bottom Boys (from O Brother Where Art Thou?)

What would be my workout song if I actually worked out: "Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy

My favorite "fun" song that is really just a stupid song: "Strip" by Adam Ant

The song I want at my funeral: Unsure about this one, and I'm afraid if I just put something out there just to have an answer that Michael will insist on playing it.

My love makin' song: Barry White. Just Barry. Pretty much anything he sings. (Short anecdote about that: one of the local radio stations had an "All Barry White" weekend and their catch phrase for it was "Songs you'll be talking about 9 months from now.")

5 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

My daughter loves "Down to the River to Pray." It was lovely hearing her then-3 year old voice singing it from the bedroom at night.

I hereby absolve you of any ABBA guilt. ;) Their songs are infectious. A few weeks after my daughter was born, a friend of mine took me to see the musical "Mamma Mia!" My favorite moment was of the line of men wearing swim flippers and singing "Lay All Your Love On Me."

Just another southern gay guy said...

You know I've given Mom a c.d. with songs to play at mine. Including a country song about a "best friend Jake" that is really a dog, (Feed jake, he's been a good dog, my best friend, right through it all. If I die before I wake, feed jake." and . . . . oh, I got to get my cd's out now, you're gonna love this one. . . .from my c.d. "The Millenium Collection" . . . 'Let the joy rise.' It's an extended dance remix. . "LET THE JOY RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!" I especially like it for the verse "All I wanted was to give love and get some back." "from the ocean, to the morning sky.. . and if the love falls, just remember, you've got to let the joy rise." Classic.

Vanessa said...

No guilt! I also really like Take a Chance on Me by Abba. And Prodigy? You can't help but get your heart rate up with that!

Anonymous said...

I love the Soggy Bottom Boys song! I swear, I always turn the movie on RIGHT after they sing it.

And all ABBA songs are awesome. Especially Take a Chance on Me!

Bonnie said...

Gee. Glad we still make somebody smile :)

Bonnie/Bliss Goodbody