Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Works for me Wednesday: Gift tags


I find that as my children get older, they are invited to more and more birthday parties from casual friends. These friends are ones that they see at classes or functions, so the children know each other, but the parents don't necessarily know them well enough to put a name to a face.

Our solution for these situations? Picture tags! Now I use my digital camera and color printer to make an oversized tag (usually about 4x6 total) with a picture and a Happy Birthday and "From Sass" or "From Spyder" inserted.

The (rather boring) example pictured above was done in Paint, but I've also used Word, and even a blank email. Just print and cut it out. I use one of my patterned scrapbooking scissors, just to make it a little cuter. And of course, my children are much cuter than Mr Skookum Man. :o)

I've done this since before I had my nifty digital camera though. Pre-digital, I would get duplicates of cute snapshots of my children and attached one of them to colorful card stock paper using scrapbooking tape. I'd use one of my scrapbooking pens and a few stickers to liven it up and say "Happy Birthday."

We always get comments on how cute the tags are.

Works for us!

Check out the rest of the Works for me Wednesday tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

So cute and creative! Thanks for sharing. :)

Joyful Days said...

Great idea!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Kids could have fun with this one as well. Thanks!

Stephanie said...

That is a really good idea - thank you for sharing!

Peculiar Blogs said...

What a great idea! I think we will use it for Christmas too!