Monday, March 23, 2009

Selective grammar

Tonight we were driving home, and Sass and Spyder had one of their typical "what if" conversations. I can't remember the exact topic, but it was something along the lines of "what if birds said 'woof' and cats said 'cheep cheep' and ducks said 'cockadoodle doo'?"

They play these sorts of games often, and I was only half-listening until I heard Spyder say, "That ain't right!"

As usual, I immediately popped in with, "No, honey, you should say 'that isn't right'."

Spyder's unexpected reply was, "No, Mom. I'm using bad grammar to make my point!"


Noodle4

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ha...that Spyder.

We were out for dinner the other night and our server was joking with our kids. She said 'ain't it?' Ella repeated it and laughed hysterically...I'm SO glad I took that word out of my vocab before I had kids. I can count on one hand how many times they've said that.

Whew!

Vanessa said...

Smart one that Spyder!