Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oldies

Today the urchins and I were driving to the children's museum, listening to Raising Sand, the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss collaboration. Many of the songs are from the '50s and '60s, so we were discussing "oldies" music.

Then Spyder popped in with, "I love oldies. Some of my favorite songs are oldies. I think my favorite is Who Can It Be Now?"



I protested, of course, because that song is from my youth. Spyder was adamant that it is an oldie. His argument: The song is more than 25 years old, and those songs that I would have considered oldies in my youth -- Me and Bobby McGee, Eleanor Rigby, Proud Mary, Brand New Key, etc -- didn't have that many years on me. And he's absolutely right; I can't refute that.

The oldies have been redefined for our household, and apparently I am one.

Noodle4

7 comments:

smalltownme said...

But you're a goodie.

Vanessa said...

I'm a huge believer in you are only as old as you feel. Since you're all about cool stuff like museums and Wii, I say your young with a fondness for "aged" music. Sort like wine or cheese, no?

Saints and Spinners said...

I too am not used to thinking of eighties music as "old." The music came out when I was a child, and that doesn't seem so far away....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Brianna likes to use the word "antique" a lot. Brat. ;-)

CelticBuffy said...

If eighties music is considered "oldies" now, then I guess I'm a fan of the "oldies". Man, I feel old.
:)

Tina said...

Gracious...the eighties are considered oldies? That's just weird!

Just another southern gay guy said...

Threaten that child with adoption. Or at the very least, if he's ever in my household, I may withhold Little Debbie snack cakes.