Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sweet potato fries

Oh people. The sweet potato fries on tonight's menu? Goooooood. Shamefully good. And bad for you, which makes them even yummier, I'm sure. This was a new recipe I made up, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

1.5 lbs sweet potatoes, julienned

Melt 3 tablespoons of butter on a baking sheet, making sure that the sheet is covered. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer atop the buttered sheet. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.

Sprinkle with cinnamon (if you like). Just as yummy without though. These could probably be made with "potato chip" style cuts as well.

Happy cooking!


Noodle4

4 comments:

smalltownme said...

How bad could they be for you? (Maybe the butter...) It sounds delicious.

I made a bunch of roasted vegetables last night--potato, carrot, red bell pepper, and beets. Also yummy.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm!! This sounds good. I'll have to give this one a try.

Vanessa said...

I love sweet potato fries and make them all the time. I just spread them on a cookie sheet and bake, no butter no cinnamon. They are amazingly good with a garden burger!

$5 Dinner Mom said...

Sounds delicious! I'll try them soon! Butter is better than margarine! Marg is loaded with all sorts of yucky stuff! Butter is simply churned!