Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Just batty!


It's Halloween, and that means Bat Brownies in our house!

It seems so strange how these traditions start. Three years ago I bought a Betty Crocker bat shaped cookie cutter. Spyder and I used it that year to cut out cookies to decorate. They got eaten before Halloween, so Spyder and I decided to bake more. We decided to go for Ultimate Chocolate Brownies instead of plain old cookies though, and the traditional Halloween Bat Brownies were born!

This year I let the children decorate all of them, so they're a little more -- ahem -- free form. I usually take about half and outline the bat in decorating gel. They were having a blast with the frosting and sprinkles though, so I decided to let them do all of them. If I had realized that they'd like it that much, I would have bought more than one kind of sprinkles!

1 comment:

Saints and Spinners said...

They actually look like bats. I've used my bat cookie cutter for cookies, and they just look like cookies with lumpy wings.