Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall weather and the kitchen

What is it about cold and rainy days that makes me want to cook? Every time that the temperatures turn cooler, I find myself in the kitchen making whatever I can put together with the ingredients on hand.

It has been so cold and rainy -- the cold rain that gets you chilled just walking outside -- and I've been in the kitchen for two days. Yesterday, I made potato soup and cornbread for us. I also made a meaty stew for the doggies that they must have liked. They were licking the splatters off of the floor!

Even now, I'm thinking about what's in the pantry. I'd like to make party mix, but I don't really have everything. I could cobble together something, but I don't think it would taste the way I really like it. I think that's going to have to wait until I can get to Britt's to pick pecans. I do have the ingredients for double chocolate chip cookies though!

We're thinking about heading to the bargain theatre for a night out, but I think I'd prefer to just stay in tonight. I think I'll make Thai noodles . . . .

No comments: