Saturday, June 24, 2006

Postal woes

I am not crazy!!

I've been complaining about our mail delivery for a while now. We've had no problems with mail delivery EVER until a couple of months ago. I found out that I wasn't getting mail that I should have. Packages that were shipped mysteriously showed up on my porch. We routinely have a couple of days a week with NO mail at all. That just doesn't happen to us! The last straw was when I got a call from my bank asking my correct address! Our statement had gotten sent back as "no such street."

We've changed carriers, and I didn't realize it. I don't always see our mail lady. The mailbox isn't on the house; it's at the end of the driveway, so I only really saw her a couple of times a month. I found out yesterday about the new carrier, who has been delivering for about -- you guessed it -- two months.

Luckily, the important bills -- the mortgage, the electricity, the gas, etc -- are all automatic drafts, so I don't have to worry about not getting them. I wonder how many OTHER things have been sent back though, and no one bothered contacting me about it.

Maybe the mail lady will get better. I certainly hope so. But right now, she's definitely OFF my Christmas cookie list!

No comments: