Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Another current favorite CD


Since yesterday was all about the new-to-me Dan Zanes, today it's time to mention how much the entire family adores the soundtrack to the latest Curious George film.

The work that Jack Johnson has done for the soundtrack is far, far better than I ever expected from a simple little family film soundtrack. Truly, it was so good in the film that Skeeter and I looked at each other while were were in the theater and said, "We've got to get this." I bought it a few months ago, and it's been in the player off and on since.

The entire CD is folksy but fun, and I listen to it quite a lot, even when the children aren't. :o) Last week we went to a craft time at the library, and the lead artist played this CD. We were sitting beside the CD table when she turned it on for working time, and Sass said, "Hey, it's Curious George!" The woman was really surprised that Sass (at age 4) knew exactly what it was just from the opening bars of the first song.

Sass's favorite song is "Upside Down," the opening song that she identified immediately. Spyder's is "The 3 Rs." I don't know if I have a favorite because I love the entire thing!

No comments: