Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Early Christmas

This weekend we did an early Christmas with my sister Lisa and her boyfriend Jason. They won't be able to come on Christmas because of work schedules, so we decided to celebrate early with them. As if the urchins would have settled for less. Oh no. They think that Lisa and Jason are just beyond awesome.

My Memaw was there too, although she wasn't her usual happy self. She has been diagnosed with diabetes recently, and she is thoroughly put out that she isn't allowed to eat certain things. It's almost funny to see her pout over it, but it really bothers her. It's more disturbing to her than when she was diagnosed with breast cancer (10+ years ago).

We only did gifts to/from Lisa and Jason. Sass thought she scored big time with a Crayola Art Set(and coloring books) and a Make Your Own Bracelet set. She has carried the Crayola set and a coloring book around with her ever since. Spyder got new boots, and apparently he is growing faster than I realized. It turned out that the size I told Lisa was 1.5 sizes too small. He went to exchange them today, and he fit into a size 5.5 instead of the 4 that I told her. No wonder he couldn't wear them. Lawzy.

And I? Let me just say, I got the best gift ever! My gift was a new set of Paula Deen Cookware. Oh yes, it was. And I was so surprised and thrilled that I could have cried.

And after using it, I can say that I love it. I even like the way that it stacks in the cabinet. I had decided that I was in Cookware Love when I put them away for the first time. I happily said goodbye to the old cookware, a set that Skeeter and I were given as a wedding gift 13 years ago. It had lived a long and useful life.

Skeeter got a new pair of gloves, nice leather gloves with cashmere lining. He's out in the cold in style. And they were particularly useful yesterday, when he was out in 20 degree weather for hours and hours.

Other than the gifting, we did the usual at Mom and Dad's place. Spyder and Jason went out to shoot the BB guns. Sass played with the puppies. The rest of us visited. It was a typical holiday-type day. I am looking forward to the next gathering on Christmas Day.


Noodle4

5 comments:

smalltownme said...

Re the shoe size -- been there. It's amazing how fast they grow.

Nice cookware!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you to get such a great gift. And I'm completely jealous that I'm not getting it. ;)

Vanessa said...

You got an awesome set of cookware! Is it the red too? Love the red!

Tina said...

Smidge jealous of the cookware! What a wonderful gift!!

What fun!

Anonymous said...

I kept telling Jason how much I like that Paula Deen cookware that we got you...he got me the same thing for Christmas and I LOVE IT!!