Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Puzzle Storage

My daughter loves puzzles. Getting them in and out of the game closet tends to wear the boxes though. Plus someone always ends up stepping on it, causing the sides to rip. For ages I attempted to tape the boxes back together, only to find puzzle pieces scattered on the floor of the closet. I've come up with a better solution: ziploc bags!


I cut out the picture of the puzzle and put it and the pieces in a ziploc slider bag. (Slider bags are all-important here. I tried it with the regular bags, but my 5 year old didn't always close the regular bag properly, and I'd end up with puzzle pieces scattered from the dining room to the closet.)

All of the puzzle bags are kept in a small-ish storage tub, and it makes for easy in-and-out of the closet. Plus, getting them all out at once saves trips to the closet every ten minutes when she's done with one and needs another.

Be sure to visit Rocks in My Dryer for all of the great Works for Me Wednesday tips!

5 comments:

Chrystal said...

great minds think alike :)

We use this one too at our house! It makes life so easy!

Robin said...

I do that for small boxed games (Concentration, etc.), too - takes up a lot less room that way!

Ellen said...

I love zip lock bags!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great tip!

Linda

Tooz said...

Something you might want to try after the puzzle is assembled--turn it over and draw a line across the entire thing with a colored marker (different color for each puzzle). Then you will be able to tell which of those pieces goes with which puzzle. Boy, do I love ziploc bags!