Sunday, January 14, 2007

The art of napping

I was able to take a nap today! Yes, really! Skeeter and the urchins were in the computer room playing games and studying verses for church tonight, so I took advantage of having another adult be in charge for a while. :o)

Once I was settled into my napping position and I was able to think without hearing, "Mama!" every few moments, I had a small epiphany.

I have rules for napping.

I've already mentioned how particular I am about my bed, but I never realized that I had developed rules for napping too. (Quite possibly since I don't get to nap very often!) Here are The Napping Rules, in no particular order:
  • The bed must be made.
  • I must use Skeeter's pillow.
  • I must nap crossways on the bed, not in the usual "sleeping" position.
  • I must nap on my right side.
  • I use my cross throw as a cover, covering from my waist to my neck.
  • As mentioned before I don't take off my shoes during the day (even including napping) since my feet are kind of dangling off the side of the bed.
  • I always wake up groggy, and I have to have about 15 minutes to acclimate myself to the waking world.
So there you have it, The Napping Rules as I remember them at the moment. :o)

No comments: